There was a heatwave in Sydney today? 43 degrees huh? Crazy! I must have missed that while I was sitting back having icy virgin cherry mojitos. Lucky I had this cherry cordial on hand!
- 2 cups pitted Cherries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- 1 Bunch Mint
- Put water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until dissolved.
- Add cherries and lemon juice and turn down heat. Simmer for 12-16 minutes until thick and syrupy. Cool down.
- When cooled, put syrup in a food processor with mint (add as much or as little as you'd like) and give a quick wizz.
- Strain and pour into a sterilised bottle.
- To serve, dilute with fizzy water to taste. I also like to add ice, lime juice and a cute straw and calling it a virgin cherry mojito.
This cordial will keep in the fridge for at least 2-3 weeks and tastes much better than anything sold in any supermarket anywhere. Pinky Promise.