Can I please have a hip hip hooray for summer! And another one for slurpees! And cocktails! And looooong hot days. Oh how I love summer...
Okay now that we have that out of the way, how's your resolutions going? Yeah I'm easing into it too. I meanI don't want to run out of steam by Easter because I started out too well.
Actually, my year is off to a pretty good start health-wise. I haven't exactly intended to eat better this year but after the food fest that was our Christmas/New Year, I've been choosing lighter meals and more fresh stuff daily. I've also gotten a juicer and (mostly) switched my morning coffee for a freshly squeezed fruit and veggie juice. In fact, I'm a little obsessed with my juicer now and might have do a post on some of my favourite concoctions here soon. And if you have any good juice recipes, please let me know - I'd love to try it.
Money-wise, my year is not off to such a good start. Those stupid sales get me every year! Hello sandals in every colour and cook books galore. But let's not talk about THAT. Let's talk about about peaches. Perfectly yellow fleshed peaches grilled to caramel perfection on ricotta topped slices of sourdough heaven. This is what summer tastes like.
- 3 Peaches
- 1 Sourdough Baguette
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 3/4 cup Honey
- Pinch of freshly grated Ginger
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Cut peaches into slices and toss with brown sugar in a bowl.
- Grill in a hot griddle pan with a bit of oil until caramel and tender.
- Slice and toast bread (I put mine in the griddle pan again).
- In a small saucepan, slightly warm up honey and ginger then add a splash to the ricotta. Mix in.
- Assembly time: Spread ricotta on toast, then top with peach slices. Drizzle over the remaining honey.