Quick question: What's the most delicious thing to ever come from a jar?
If you answered correctly and said Nutella, you are in for a treat. A swirly, crunchy, chewy treat. If you said anything else, you are wrong and I don't want to hear it. This is a Nutella lovers only party.
These cookies go out to all the awesome people who eat Nutella with a spoon from the jar.
- 250g Butter, softened
- 250g Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups PlainFlour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Beat the sugar and butter in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat until nicely mixed in.
- Meanwhile, sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and gradually add to the wet ingredients while continuing to slowly beat until just incorporated.
- Wrap dough in cling wrap and refrigerate for about an hour until firm and workable.
- On a floury surface, roll dough into a rectangle (just under 1 cm thick) and spread Nutella generously and evenly over dough. Roll up into a log (like a swiss roll) and refrigerate for another hour or until it keeps it's round shape when you press down.
- Cut into 1 cm thick slices and bake for about 15 mins in an oven preheated to 175 degrees Celcius.
* You can (and I recommend you do) keep this dough in the freezer for midnight feasts.
** Double points (and half the effort) if you made the ice cream sandwiches below and have leftover cookie dough because these cookies are based on the same recipe from last week.