Hey you guys know hot chocolate right? Yeah well imagine if it was on a stick and you could use that stick to stir the chocolate into the milk and then eat that stick. And what if it was all Christmassy? Yeah let's make that.
- 200g Dark Chocolate - or white, or milk
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar
- 12 Candy Canes, chopped off before the curve so that they are straight
- Sift your cocoa and icing sugar and put aside. This mixture will henceforth be known as chocolate sherbet.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler slowly over low heat.
- Mix the chocolate sherbet into the melted chocolate - it should be thick and resembling a soft dough.
- Squish chocolate tightly into an ice cube tray, making sure there's no air pockets and put a candy cane stick into each one. You shouldn't have too much trouble keeping them straight as the chcolate is quite thick.
- You will need to place your tray somewhere cool and dry until they have hardened. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE FRIDGE OR FREEZER. This will make your candy canes really sticky as they will draw moisture.
- To serve, just add a cup of steamed milk per stick and stir until dissolved. And don't forget the marshies!
Note: You may want to add a splash of peppermint essence, or even some peppermint liqueur if you feel that way inclined. And if you're not such a huge fan of candy canes or mint (you monster!) try nutella, or cinnamon or even chilli and replace the candy cane with a wooden ice cream stick.
Another Note: Store in an airtight container (refer to moisture drawing mention in recipe). The sticks should last a couple of months at least.
Recipe adapted from the Hot Chocolate on a Stick Queen.