We all know everything Scandinavian is amazing (Hello Heidi, IKEA, Sven the masseur) so it really is no surprise that the world's most delicious cake is Swedish. It's also the world's easiest cake and if you can stop giggling at the name you can have these babies in the oven in about 5 minutes flat.
- 185g Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- Cocoa for dusting
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour into greased muffin cases and bake at 185 degrees C for about 15-20 minutes. You want your cakes to be soft on the inside so DO NOT OVER COOK. Look for a bit of wobble but crunchy edges.
- Let cool and serve with a dollop of creme fraiche/whipped cream/ice cream/your poison.
Seriously, that's it. Behold the world's easiest and most satisfying cakes.
*Recipe loosely adapted from here.